It is produced by a mechanical process and crushing of limestone in the quarry and then there is separation with sieves. Its grading is: 0 to 4 mm.
It is used:
• For the production of concrete according to the European Standard ΕΝ 12620
• Asphalt mixture for the production of asphalt concrete according to ΕΝ 13043
• For the production of various cements according to ΕΝ 13139
• It is also used for the coating of trenches before the placement of pipes and ducts according to ETEP.
The product possesses a CE marking.
The necessary controls take place at the quarry's laboratory, according to the CE requirements, all on a monthly basis:
• Granulometric analysis (EN 933-1) – Geometric attribute tests of aggregates. Determination of the granulometry diagram. Method with the sieves.
• Sand equivalent test (EN 933-8) – Geometric attributes tests of aggregates. Fine grained fraction evaluation (powder). Sand equivalent test.
• Methylene blue (EN 933-9) – Tests for the determination of the geometric attributes of the aggregates. Quality evaluation of fine grained fraction. Methylene blue test.
Additionally, the above tests takes place on six month and yearly basis on an external certified laboratory.
• Powder density with densimeter (ΕΝ 1097-7)
• Density and voids of loose aggregates (ΕΝ 1097-3)
• Density and moisture absorption of aggregates (ΕΝ 1097-6)
• Flow coefficient of fine grade aggregates (ΕΝ 933-6)
• Magnesium sulphate test (ΕΝ 1367-2)
• Density on lightweight additives (ΕΝ 1744-1)
• Chemical attributes of aggregates: Density in humic components (ΕΝ 1744-1)
• Chemical attributes of aggregates: Determination of fulvic acid (ΕΝ 1744-1)
• Chemical analysis: Total sulphuric, soluble sulpuric in acids, soluble chlorides (ΕΝ 1744-1)