|Marble Chips Α (Chips)|
Produced by the mechanical treatment and crushing of limestone on the quarry and then there is separation with sieves. Its grading is: 4 to 10 mm.
It is used:
• For the preparation of concrete according to ΕΝ 12620
• For the preparation of asphalt concrete according to ΕΝ 13043
• As graded filter material.
The product possesses CE marking.
The necessary controls take place at the quarry's laboratory, according to the CE requirements, on a monthly basis and are the following:
• Granulometric analysis (EN 933-1) – Geometrical attributes of aggregates. Determination of granulometry diagram. Method with sieves.
Additionally, the above tests take place on six month and yearly basis on an external certified laboratory.
• Density and voids of loose aggregates (ΕΝ 1097-3)
• Density and moisture absorbance of aggregates (ΕΝ 1097-6)
• Flakiness index (ΕΝ 933-3)
• Form index (ΕΝ 933-4)
• Resistance to crushing Los Angeles test (ΕΝ 1097-2)
• Resistance to wear Micro Deval test (EN 1097-1)
• Resistance to thermic stress (ΕΝ 1367-5)
• Magnesium sulphate test (ΕΝ 1367-2)
• Adherence & asphalt test (ΕΝ 12697-11)